By June 1, 2023 Community
Happy Pride Month! As we transition into the next month of 2023, we would like to acknowledge the celebrations and observances.
Here are June’s monthly and daily observances and celebrations.
Month-long Observances & Celebrations
- Alzheimer’s and Brain Awareness Month – Learn more at the Washington State chapter of the Alzheimer’s Association. You can also see what’s happening at a national level.
- African American Music Appreciation Month – Learn more at the National Museum of African American History & Culture at the Smithsonian. Locally, there’s Festival Sundita: Black Arts Fest at the Seattle Center from June 14th – 16th.
- National Caribbean American Heritage Month – Learn more at the Caribbean American Heritage Month website.
- Pride Month (LGBTQIA+) – Find local and regional information, resources, and events at Pride Foundation and Seattle Pride.
Daily Observances & Celebrations
- Monday, June 19th – Juneteenth: Verity will be at the 6th Annual Othello Park Juneteenth Celebration on June 24th. You can on find more details on our event page.
- Wednesday, June 21st – Summer Solstice: The longest day of the year, many cultures throughout history have marked the day with festivals and rituals. Seattle should have about 16 hours of daylight to frolic through.
We acknowledge that we may not have listed every celebration and observance that is important to you and your community. If you have a suggestion for inclusion, please email email@example.com.