We believe a financial institution can do good. When you bank with Verity, your money helps make positive impacts in our vibrant communities. One way is by supporting nonprofit organizations and the people who work there.
In many cases, we know that the best way to support our community is by supporting those organizations with the skills and expertise to make a tangible impact. We do that in a number of ways, including financial contributions, volunteering, and providing special products and services for nonprofit organizations and their employees.
Special accounts and offers
The work nonprofit organizations do every day is important. Verity is here to help build a vibrant future for you and your organization so that you can keep on making a difference.
Business Banking for Nonprofits
Nonprofit organizations are the backbone of our community. You do the heavy lifting and the hands-on work to help create strong and vibrant communities. When it comes to your finances, you have special needs, and at Verity, we get that.
Verity specializes in supporting nonprofit organizations with their banking needs and understands the unique situations you face every day. Our Business Services team is here to work with you to ensure you have the best financial products and services available and are making the most of your precious dollars.
Business Loans for Nonprofits
Our list of business products and services is as varied as your needs. We offer a wide variety of business loans for nonprofits, including:
- Term loans
- Lines of credit
- Commercial real estate
- Business credit cards
- Auto loans for business vehicles
Check out more details or reach out to our Business Services Team to discuss your specific needs.
Business Accounts for Nonprofits
Our Business Services Team can help you find the right products to serve your unique needs.
- Business checking with no monthly fees
- Interest-bearing business checking
- Remote Deposit Capture to scan and deposit checks electronically
Partner with Verity
We’re always looking for new nonprofit partners! Use the links below to learn more about partnership opportunities.
- Board members. Need help finding board members? Let us help! Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Sponsorship requests. Think Verity would be a good fit for your event? Email email@example.com to start a conversation.
- Volunteer opportunities. Looking for people-powered assistance? Email firstname.lastname@example.org to see if Verity staff can help.
- Nonprofit Fridays. Let a branch showcase your nonprofit organization. Reach out to your closest location to learn more.
- Social media support. Connect with Verity on social media for help sharing your news.
Special Offers For Nonprofit Organizations
We know nonprofit organizations operate with tight budgets. That’s why we offer special rates on CDs and Money Markets, available exclusively for nonprofit organizations.
Community-Impact Certificate of Deposit
24 months – 2.75% APY*
12 months – 1.35% APY
Community-Impact Money Market
Balance APY* $0 - $9,999 0.15% APY $10,000 - $49,999 0.25% APY $50,000 - $99,999 0.85% APY $100,000 - $249,999 0.90% APY $250,000+ 1.05% APY
*APY = Annual Percentage Yield. Rates current as of 03/01/23. Community-Impact Money Market and CDs are only available to nonprofit 501(c)(3) organizations. To earn promotional rate, deposit must be new money to Verity. To open an account, the business or organization must have been formed in Washington state, hold a valid Washington state business license and have more than half of the businesses’ principals eligible for Verity membership. Certificates of deposit accounts require $1,000 minimum opening deposit and must maintain balance of at least $1,000. CD will automatically renew at same term, and rates will be in accordance to current rates at that date. Early withdrawal penalty of 180 days interest applies. Fees may reduce earnings. Certificate Truth in Savings Disclosure.
Special Offers For Nonprofit Employees
You make a difference. Your hard work and endless hours are changing lives in our community. To thank you for your dedication and to help ease your financial burden so that you can continue to focus on others, Verity has developed a special suite of products and services that include the deepest discounts and highest bonuses we offer. Verity is here to help build a vibrant future for you so you can keep on making a difference. Just use be sure to use promo code NP100 when you join or apply for a loan.
Special Offers for Employees of Nonprofit Organizations
- $100 bonus for new members–Earn $100 when you join and open a rewards checking account, loan or credit card.1 Join now
- Double rewards on Cash Back Checking–Earn 4% cash back on debit purchases, up to $10 each month, when you meet three easy monthly qualifications. Plus, earn unlimited refunds on ATM fees!2 Open now (And be sure to select the Double Cash Back Checking account.)
- 10,000 bonus points on a new Signature Rewards credit card–Receive 10,000 when you open a new Signature Rewards credit card and spend at least $1,000 in the first 90 days the account is open. Rewards can be redeemed for cash back, travel, gift cards and more.3 Apply now
- Discounts on Loans–Open a new loan account and receive the following discounts:4
- $500 towards closing costs with a new mortgage–Receive $500 to use towards your appraisal or other closing costs when you get a new mortgage at Verity.5 Plus, if you find your home through our HomeAdvantage® program, you can receive additional cash back at closing.
- Skip one loan payment each year for free–We will waive the $25 fee to skip one loan payment each rolling 12-month period. Available loan types include auto, personal, and credit card.6
- Free financial coaching and referrals for retirement planning through Verity’s partner, CUSO Financial Services, L.P.7 –Get your finances on the right track for now and the long term with free consultations. Financial coaching and education is available in person or online, making it easy to dive in wherever you are. And you can meet representatives with CUSO Financial Services, L.P. at any branch, by appointment.
Offers available to current employees of 501(c)(3) organizations. Must show proof of employment to qualify when opening accounts or applying for loans. Rates and discounts current as of 1/1/21. View other details and restrictions below.
Special Offer Details and Restrictions
Special offers only available to nonprofit 501(c)(3) organizations and their employees.
To open an account, the business or organization must have been formed in Washington state, hold a valid Washington state business license and more than half of the business’ principals are eligible for Verity membership.
Details about nonprofit employee offers:
- New member bonus: A new member is someone who has not been an owner of a Prime Share savings account within the previous 6 months. Youth memberships excluded from new member bonus.
- Double Cash Back Checking rewards: Limit of one rewards checking account (Cartwheel or Cash Back) per primary accountholder. Monthly qualifications apply: complete 12 point-of-sale transactions, receive eStatements, primary accountholder log in to Digital Banking. If qualifications are met, you receive 4% cash back on the first $250 spent in debit transactions each month, plus refunds of all ATM fees. If qualifications are not met, you receive no cash back or ATM refunds. For full details, definition of terms and qualifications, visit veritycu.com/cashback
- Signature Rewards bonus points: Signature Rewards bonus points will post automatically within 30 days after meeting the spending requirement. You will receive an introductory rate of 0% APR for the first 12 billing cycles. Your APR after the introductory period will be determined with Verity’s loan policy and your credit profile. For complete details, view our current fee schedule and read our Credit Card Agreement and Credit Card Rates and Related Disclosures document. For full details about the Signature Rewards card, visit veritycu.com/creditcard
- Loan discounts: APR = Annual Percentage Rate. Discount not available on mortgages, home equity loans, Ready Money or credit cards. Discount of 0.10% on loans less than $25,000. Discount of 0.25% on loans of $25,000 or more. Additional discounts may be available for automatic payments, financing less than 80% loan-to-value and financing an EPA SmartWay Certified vehicle. Discounts available depend on loan type. Discounted rate cannot be less than lowest advertised rate on veritycu.com/rates. The APR will be determined in accordance with Verity’s loan policy and your credit profile.
- New mortgage closing cost incentive: Mortgage incentive not available for refinancing of existing Verity loans. Only available for first mortgage loan. HomeAdvantage® Cash Rewards are awarded to buyers and sellers who select and use a real estate agent in the HomeAdvantage network. Cash Rewards amounts are dependent on the commissions paid to the HomeAdvantage network agent. Obtaining a mortgage or use of any specific lending institution is not a requirement to earn Cash Rewards. If you are obtaining a mortgage, Verity Credit Union may have specific rules on how Cash Rewards can be paid out. Cash Rewards are available in most states; however, are void where prohibited by law or by Verity Credit Union. Please consult with your Verity Credit Union representative for details that may affect you.
- Skip payment: Skip payments are not available on home equity loans, lines of credit or mortgages. There must be at least six payments to the loan before you are eligible for this benefit. Offer only available once every rolling 12-month period.
- Retirement planning: Non-deposit investment products and services are offered through CUSO Financial Services, L.P. ("CUSO Financial") ("CFS"), a registered broker-dealer (Member FINRA/SIPC) and SEC Registered Investment Advisor. Products offered through CFS: are not NCUA/NCUSIF or otherwise federally insured, are not guarantees or obligations of the credit union, and may involve investment risk including possible loss of principal. Investment Representatives are registered through CUSO Financial. Verity Credit Union has contracted with CUSO Financial to make non-deposit investment products and services available to credit union members. Atria Wealth Solutions, Inc. ("Atria") is not a broker-dealer or Registered Investment Advisor and does not provide advice. CUSO Financial is a subsidiary of Atria.
Banking for goodJoin Now