The Verity difference
When you work at Verity, you do more than help people with their finances—you help support and create cooperative communities who dream boldly. All staff, from part-time branch tellers to executives, have a voice and part in bringing that vision to life. Verity is a welcoming work place for all, and we work closely with community organizations like Business Impact NW and HomeSight to help create equitable opportunities for all.
Verity has been recognized as an outstanding employer by several publications, including winning the award for Best and Brightest Company to Work For for six years in a row. Plus, staff enjoy a 37.5 hour full-time work week, paid time off for volunteering, 401K match opportunities, and more in our robust benefits package.
People have a choice in where they bank. Verity is a local credit union that believes in socially responsible banking. We’re part of a movement working to create stronger, healthier, more sustainable communities because we believe a financial institution can do good. When you bank with Verity, your money helps make positive impacts in our vibrant communities. About 87% of our deposits are used to invest in the local economy and members through loans, whether it’s a loan for an eco-friendly car, or adding a tiny home to your backyard.
37.5 hour work week, PTO, paid parental leave, paid time for volunteering, and more
Annual merit increases, bonuses, and incentive pay
Medical, dental, vision and wellness benefits
401(k) plan with company match up to 4%
Discounts, waived fees, and special employee-only offers
Training and development available
What staff have to say about working at Verity
What Makes Verity a Great Place to Work?
"Verity is more than a job to me. I get to be part of making my community better and stronger. So many companies publish their mission statements and never look at them again. At Verity, we talk about our mission and values every day, and they guide every decision we make."
Debbie, HR Manager
"The atmosphere and team. Being a part of a great and supportive team really makes coming to work a joy and wonderful experience. The team at Verity are always willing to work together to get the job done for our members."
Karrin, Member Consultant II
"Hands down the culture. Everyone is here to do their job, but there is something special about working at an organization where employees are all connected through the values we share. We are one big family doing what we can to make our communities a better place."
Meagan, Training & Development Specialist
2020 Best and Brightest Award Winner
In 2020, Verity was named a Best and Brightest Company to Work For! We are honored to have received this prestigious award for the sixth year in a row. This award is especially meaningful to us because it is based on tangible feedback from our employees.
People come first—this is one of our core values. And that’s why Verity emphasizes the importance of employees enjoying a positive work-life balance.
Some ways we help employees live their best lives:
- Full-time employees enjoy a 37.5 hour work week
- Paid time off (PTO) for combined vacation and sick leave starts accruing immediately and is available to all employees who work 20+ hours per week.
- 10 paid holidays each year
- Paid parental leave available to all employees working 20+ hours per week after 6 months of service
- Up to 7.5 hours of paid volunteer time off each year.
- $200 wellness subsidy for fitness-related activities
- Flexible spending account with health- and dependent-care options
- Employee Assistance Program available to help employees and their families when facing issues that interfere with health, well-being, and productivity at work or home.
- Education reimbursement subsidy toward job- and degree-related classes.
- Internal professional development program, Verity University, as well as scholarships for outside programs give employees opportunities to further their skills or learn new ones.
We treat our people right. In keeping with our belief that people are the key to our success, Verity's benefits package is one of the most competitive in the industry. Read below for some of the ways we support our employees and their families.
- Competitive salary packages, reviewed annually for market adjustments
- Merit increases with annual reviews
- Company performance bonuses for certain positions and teams
- Incentive pay for individual and team performance for certain positions and teams
Medical and Vision
- Benefits available to all employees who work 20+ hours per week
- Contributions toward monthly premiums for employee and dependent coverage
- No vision premiums for employee coverage
- Full-time and part-time employees may add eligible spouses, domestic partners and children
- No premiums or co-pays for dental
- Full-time employees may add eligible spouses, domestic partners and children
Retirement and financial planning
- 401(k) with traditional and Roth options for all employees
- Eligibility to receive a company match up to 4%, which is vested immediately
- Eligible employees may receive a profit-sharing bonus based on company performance
- Financial Advisors available to assist with retirement planning
- Financial Coach available to assist with financial planning and budgeting
- Life insurance available
- Special membership privileges, including waived fees for numerous credit union services
- Discounts on rates for mortgages and select consumer loans
- 0% interest personal, computer and dental loans for eligible employees
Social and environmental benefits
- Paid time off for volunteering activities
- Subsidies for carpooling and using mass transit options
- Charity donation matching program
Verity and CUHMS Application Process
- Review open positions – You can search through our open positions and learn job duties, pay, hours and more.
- Apply – In order to be considered for any open position, you must submit an application through Paycom. Please ensure you include your most updated resume and answer the questions within the application.
- Phone interview – If our recruiting specialist finds that you may be a fit for the position you applied for, they will reach out to you to coordinate a phone interview to further discuss the position and your qualifications.
- Onsite/virtual interview – Once phone interviews are finished, the recruiting specialist will reach out to the candidates selected to move onto the next step of meeting with the hiring team for the position. This interview with either take place over a Zoom video call or onsite at the location you are applying for.
- Offer/onboarding – After onsite/virtual interviews are completed, the recruiting specialist will reach out to the selected candidate to discuss an offer for the position and the onboarding steps which will include a criminal background check, employment verifications, reference checks, and a credit check (for certain positions).
- Start – Once all onboarding tasks are completed you will be ready to start your new and exciting position here at Verity or CUHMS!
Note: The timeline above is a general estimate. The process could be shorter or longer depending on the position.
Ready to get your career started?Apply Now