The Verity difference
When you work at Verity, you do more than help people with their finances—you help support and create cooperative communities who dream boldly. All staff, from part-time branch tellers to executives, have a voice and part in bringing that vision to life. Verity is a welcoming work place for all, and we work closely with community organizations like Business Impact NW and HomeSight to help create equitable opportunities for all.
Verity has been recognized as an outstanding employer by several publications, including winning the award for Best and Brightest Company to Work For for six years in a row. Plus, staff enjoy paid time off for volunteering, 401K match opportunities, and more in our robust benefits package.
People have a choice in where they bank. Verity is a local credit union that believes in socially responsible banking. We’re part of a movement working to create stronger, healthier, more sustainable communities because we believe a financial institution can do good. When you bank with Verity, your money helps make positive impacts in our vibrant communities. About 87% of our deposits are used to invest in the local economy and members through loans, whether it’s a loan for an eco-friendly car, or adding a tiny home to your backyard.
PTO, paid parental leave, paid time for volunteering, and more
Annual merit increases, bonuses, and incentive pay
Medical, dental, vision and wellness benefits
401(k) plan with company match up to 4%
Discounts, waived fees, and special employee-only offers
Training and development available
People come first—this is one of our core values. And that’s why Verity emphasizes the importance of employees enjoying a positive work-life balance.
Some ways we help employees live their best lives:
- Paid time off (PTO) for combined vacation and sick leave starts accruing immediately and is available to all employees who work 20+ hours per week.
- 11 paid holidays each year
- Paid parental leave available to all employees working 20+ hours per week after 6 months of service
- Up to 8 hours of paid volunteer time off each year.
- $200 wellness subsidy for fitness-related activities
- Flexible spending account with health- and dependent-care options
- Employee Assistance Program available to help employees and their families when facing issues that interfere with health, well-being, and productivity at work or home.
- Education reimbursement subsidy toward job- and degree-related classes.
- Internal professional development program, Verity University, as well as scholarships for outside programs give employees opportunities to further their skills or learn new ones.
We treat our people right. In keeping with our belief that people are the key to our success, Verity's benefits package is one of the most competitive in the industry. Read below for some of the ways we support our employees and their families.
- Competitive salary packages, reviewed annually for market adjustments
- Merit increases with annual reviews
- Company performance bonuses for certain positions and teams
- Incentive pay for individual and team performance for certain positions and teams
Medical, Dental and Vision
- Benefits available to all employees who work 20+ hours per week
- Contributions toward monthly premiums for employee and dependent coverage
- Full-time employees may add eligible spouses, domestic partners and children to dental
- No vision or dental premiums for employee coverage
- Full-time and part-time employees may add eligible spouses, domestic partners and children to vision coverage
Retirement and financial planning
- 401(k) with traditional and Roth options for all employees
- Eligibility to receive a company match up to 4%, which is vested immediately
- Eligible employees may receive a profit-sharing bonus based on company performance
- Financial Advisors available to assist with retirement planning
- Financial Coach available to assist with financial planning and budgeting
- Life insurance available
- Special membership privileges, including waived fees for numerous credit union services
- Discounts on rates for mortgages and select consumer loans
- 0% interest personal, computer and dental loans for eligible employees
Social and environmental benefits
- Paid time off for volunteering activities
- Subsidies for carpooling and using mass transit options
- Charity donation matching program
Verity and CUHMS Application Process
- Review open positions – You can search through our open positions and learn job duties, pay, hours and more.
- Apply – In order to be considered for any open position, you must submit an application through Paycom. Please ensure you include your most updated resume and answer the questions within the application.
- Phone interview – If our recruiting specialist finds that you may be a fit for the position you applied for, they will reach out to you to coordinate a phone interview to further discuss the position and your qualifications.
- Onsite/virtual interview – Once phone interviews are finished, the recruiting specialist will reach out to the candidates selected to move onto the next step of meeting with the hiring team for the position. This interview with either take place over a Zoom video call or onsite at the location you are applying for.
- Offer/onboarding – After onsite/virtual interviews are completed, the recruiting specialist will reach out to the selected candidate to discuss an offer for the position and the onboarding steps which will include a criminal background check, employment verifications, reference checks, and a credit check (for certain positions).
- Start – Once all onboarding tasks are completed you will be ready to start your new and exciting position here at Verity or CUHMS!
Note: The timeline above is a general estimate. The process could be shorter or longer depending on the position.
Open executive positions
Verity is here to empower communities to dream boldly, but also to feel good about how they'll get there. Planet and prosperity are our bottom line, people are always on the top line. Together we are building vibrant communities.
Imagine it. Build it. Sustain it. That's the credit union difference.
Do you want to make a difference at Verity Credit Union?
We are looking for qualified candidates to fill the following new positions on the Executive Management Team.
Vice President of Marketing
The Vice President of Marketing will develop, execute, and lead all marketing initiatives in support of our vision, mission, and strategic initiatives. This position is an integral part of the senior leadership team and has direct oversight and responsibility for all marketing, and public relations work, including all branding and creative. They also serve as a key contributor to the ongoing development, refinement and delivery of Verity’s narrative and communication strategy. The ideal candidate takes both a data-driven and human-centered approach to creating marketing strategies and evaluating results, and demonstrates a strong growth mindset and ability to rebound and learn from setbacks.
If you are interested in this role, please contact:
Jennifer Mosher | Korn FerryReach Out Today
Verity Credit Union and CU Home Mortgage Solutions are Equal Opportunity Employers. Applicants are considered for positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, gender identity, political ideology, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state and local laws.
Verity partners with TQC to support our recruiting and hiring needs. TQC is a talent acquisition firm with more than 25 years of experience helping companies and other credit unions hire exceptional staff. They act as an extension of our HR team and share the same values and commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging as Verity.
Ready to get your career started?Apply Now