Whether you’re a first time home-buyer, seasoned homeowner, looking to refinance, or interested in purchasing a vacation home, we have the information, products and programs you need to make the mortgage process as easy as possible.
Verity partners with Credit Union Home Mortgage Solutions (CUHMS), an organization that makes home loan processing convenient and hassle-free. CUHMS provides and services mortgage loans for Verity, which ensures that your mortgage is handled locally. CUHMS is co-owned by Verity Credit Union and Harborstone Credit Union.
If you haven’t found a real estate agent yet, we can help! We offer the HomeAdvantage® program, which allows you to earn cash back when you buy or sell your home—members have averaged $2,963 in cash back at closing during 2021!*
Perks of home loans at Verity
No origination fees
Save money from the start
Sign your documents from anywhere
Rock solid purchase pre-approvals
Negotiate with confidence
You have options
Conforming, low down payment, jumbo and government-backed loans available
Get a mortgage with us and Verity will donate $100 to Habitat for Humanity Seattle - King County. Donations are provided at no cost to the member at the end of the calendar year.
This is the sixth year of our mortgage donation program. In 2022, Verity members generated $21,600 in donations!
To learn more about how Verity supports the community, check out our annual Community Impact Report.
Listed rates are based on the following criteria:
Zero Down 7/1 ARM: Purchase of a single family residence. 740 credit score. 100% loan to value, owner occupied.
Conforming and Jumbo: Purchase of a single family residence. 740 credit score. 80% loan to value, owner occupied.
Conforming & High Balance Mortgages
Verity's conforming and high balance mortgages are fully amortized and are available in 10-, 15-, 20- and 30-year terms, each having their own benefits. We also offer a 7/1 Adjustable Rate Mortgage (ARM), which provides a lower initial rate than our fixed rate products.
- Down payments as low as 3% (97% financing) for first-time home buyers**
- Conforming loan amounts from $50,000 to $647,200
- High balance conforming loans up to $977,500 in King, Snohomish and Pierce counties
- Available for primary residences, vacation homes and investment properties
Verity Portfolio Mortgages
Verity offers a variety of portfolio loans including the Advantage Plus 7/1 Adjustable Rate Mortgage (ARM), offering 100% financing for home buyers. Rates are fixed for a 7-year period, adjust on an annual basis thereafter, and cannot increase or decrease more than 2% per adjustment.
- 2% periodic adjustment cap; 5% lifetime adjustment cap
- Available for primary residence single-family homes and condos; no manufactured or multi-family homes (purchase loans only)
- 100% financing and no private mortgage insurance (PMI) up to the conforming loan limit, currently $891,250 in King, Snohomish and Pierce counties (available for primary residence only)
The VA Loan is a mortgage loan guaranteed by the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs. It is designed to help veterans and their families obtain home financing. Verity uses a correspondent relationship to offer these loans to our veteran members and their families.
- 100% financing with no down payment
- No monthly mortgage insurance
- No lender fee
- Closing costs can be paid by gift funds
- Available for any qualified veteran or their surviving spouse***
Home Renovation Loan
Verity offers renovation loans for Accessory Dwelling Units (ADUs), Detached Accessory Dwelling Units (DADUs) or other home improvement projects you may have in mind. These loans are available as you are buying a new home or refinancing your existing home.
- Can be wrapped into your first mortgage
- Borrow based on the estimated value of your property after the renovation is complete
- Available on 30-year fixed mortgages
- Construction must be completed within nine months
Verity offers bridge loans for borrowers who currently own a home and have found their next home but don’t have the liquid funds to make a down payment. Using a bridge loan, you can take the equity out of your current home and apply it to your new home purchase. Once you’ve moved into your new home, you can focus on selling your previous home, which will pay off the bridge loan. This is a great way to move without tying up all your liquid assets.
- Bridge Loan and new mortgage will be with Verity
- Interest Only Payments amortized over 30 years, with a balloon payment due in 12 months
- Max 80% LTV & Max loan amount of $1,000,000
- Rates are at least 0.25% higher than a standard mortgage
Credit Union Home Mortgage Solutions NMLS #793241. Mortgages and home equity loans available in Washington state only.
*Cash Rewards are awarded through the HomeAdvantage program to buyers and sellers who select and use a real estate agent in the HomeAdvantage network. Home buyers or sellers are not eligible for Cash Rewards if they use an agent outside this network. Cash Rewards amounts are dependent on the commissions paid to the HomeAdvantage network agent. Obtaining a mortgage or use of any specific lending institution is not a requirement to earn Cash Rewards. If you are obtaining a mortgage, Verity Credit Union may have specific rules on how Cash Rewards can be paid out. Cash Rewards are available in most states; however, are void where prohibited by law or by Verity Credit Union. Please consult with your Verity Credit Union representative for details that may affect you.
**First-time home buyer is any buyer that has not owned a home in the past three years. 97% financing available for owner occupied single-family residences and condominiums only. Vacation homes and investment properties have different down payment requirements. Please contact a Verity representative for additional information.
***Veterans and/or their spouses can check eligibility benefits by visiting ebenefits.va.gov or contact the VA Eligibility Center at (888) 768-2132.
Banking for youApply Now